Health Benefits of Watermelon
Health benefits of watermelon juice rind
The watermelon is amongst the most robust fruits found on the planet, both in terms of its size and shape, as well as its nutritional value. They are often recommended as a healthy way of obtaining essential vitamins and possess a large number of benefits.
Health benefits of watermelon consumption:
- Watermelons are a rich source of potassium, an ionic nutrient that helps in the regulation of blood pressure and keeps nerve chemical imbalances in check.
- Watermelons also contain a high amount of a substance called lycopene, which gives the fruit its reddish inner hue. Lycopene possesses properties that have been attributed to staving off prostate, breast and colon cancer.
- Another benefit of watermelon consumption is the fact that the fruit is able to retain a large amount of water (thus the name). In countries where watermelon is readily available and the weather gets hot, a few slices are just the thing to beat the heat with!
- 100g (3.5oz) of watermelon contains more than enough carbohydrate and sugar to give someone a pick-me-up when they are running low on energy.
- Not just the fleshy inside, even the rind of the fruit contains a large amount of nutrients! Most people tend to discard the rind owing to its unpleasant taste.
- Last but not the least, watermelons contain amongst the largest variety of vitamins, which are essential for a variety of body functions – from preventing cholesterol buildup in blood vessels to giving clearer skin!
So the next time you feel thirsty, instead of reaching for that can of soda, try some watermelon juice to help energize and hydrate yourself.
Please read the terms and conditions on the advertiser or product's website!
Posted in Health Tips